Monday, November 16, 2015

Dumaguete - Siquijor Escapade

Photographs by Chester B. Cabalza
Copyright © 2015 by Chester B. Cabalza. All Rights Reserved.

After reading and presenting my scholastic paper in an UGAT Conference mostly attended by anthropologists and geographers  at Siliman University in the Land of Gentle People in Dumaguete City, I decided to spend the night in the mystic island of Siquijor. I brought with me the Lonely Planet as my travel buddy to the best sounds, smell, and sights in Dumaguete and Siquijor.

Dumaguete City

Aside from the beautiful and sprawling Siliman Univeristy, the oldest American University in Asia, my taste bud savored the culinary culture in this beautiful provincial City of Dumaguete and enjoyed their callos, sansrival and silvannas!





Siquijor

The fear of the unknown I had with this mystic island transformed my perception about the magical place. Local people are friendly and I was able to tour around the small island in five hours through the ever-reliable tricycle. I stayed in a resort owned by a Japanese couple well-recommended by Lonely Planet and spent the night soul-searching! 















No comments: